Whonix ™ Social Media Profiles
There are a few Whonix ™ social media profiles, but users should not rely on them for getting up-to-date Whonix ™ News. Instead, refer to Follow Whonix ™ Developments for better sources of Whonix-related news. Social media profiles are not suitable for contacting Whonix ™ developers; see Contact for relevant contact information.
If users can safely share Whonix ™ information or positive experiences using the platform with others, feel free to follow or like these profiles below with an anonymous account as a small way to Contribute.
- Whonix ™ Forums
- Whonix ™ Matrix Channel (inactive, read-only)
- reddit r/Whonix subreddit
- Diaspora Whonix (onion) (I2P) (maintained by TNT)
- Friendica Whonix (maintained by TNT) (Supports
ActivityPub. Also users of Mastodon can follow.)
- GNU-Social Whonix (maintained by TNT)
- MeWe Whonix ™ Anonymous OS (maintained by TNT)
- Tumblr Whonix (maintained by TNT)
- Twitter Whonix (maintained by Whonix ™ team)
- Facebook Whonix (maintained by Whonix ™ team)
- gab.ai Whonix (maintained by Whonix ™ team)
- YouTube Whonix (maintained by Patrick)
- Minds Whonix (maintained by Patrick)
- linkedin Whonix (maintained by Patrick)
- Mastodon.Technology Whonix (maintained by TNT) (Supports
- Mastodon.Social Whonix (maintained by TNT) (Supports
Whonix ™ Forums Profiles
- BleepingComputer: Whonix
- Disroot: Whonix
- SecureDrop: Whonix
- UK Linux: whonix
- XFCE: Whonix Anonymous OS
See Developer Accounts.
- about.me: about.me/Whonix
- sourceforge.net: Project Whonix ™
- github: Whonix/Whonix
- Twitter: Secondary Twitter Account for Alternative Source Code Commit Notifications
Selection of Platforms
An account will most likely be created, when...
- The platform must be somewhat popular or show potential to become somewhat popular. 
- Easy sign-up.
- Networks respects privacy of its users.
- Tor users are permitted to sign-up.
- Anonymous sign-up permitted.
- Other ethical or political considerations.
- In an ideal world, "perfectly moral" decisions would be made but that is deemed impractical. For elaboration, see unsubstantiated conclusions. 
Reasons for account creation:
- Reserving account name.
- Censorship resistance.
- Escaping (potential) shadow banning.
- Decentralization, diversity.
- Allowing users to choose their favorite network.
Non-Reasons for account creation:
- Endorsing that network.
Criteria for which Social Networks accounts are most actively used
October 24, 2020.
- Usability. The easier it is to (auto) post to these networks, i.e. post 1 time using an (external or third party such as IFTT) tool and then spread to multiple networks, the more likely this network is going to see more posting activity.
- Depends on contributor time and availability to mirror posts to these networks.
October 24, 2020.
Criteria for (wiki) footer inclusion:
- platforms self-hosted by Whonix ™ (discourse forums, newsletter, rss)
- third party platforms:
- popular, generally active or followed by our user community regardless of whether based on Freedom Software or non-freedom software
- promising platforms that have the potential to grow or are in an expansion phase
- technical merit (decentralized and/or censorship-resistant)
End-to-End Encrypted Public Chat
- blocker: Whonix ™ matrix chat is bridged to Whonix ™ telegram chat. Meaning, any messages on matrix and telegram gets relays. (As long as the free relay bot service is functional.) Matrix channel encryption is incompatible with relaying to Telegram.
- Other reasons:
- It's a public chat anyhow. Anyone can join telegram and view that chat history.
- No clear threat model.
- Lower maintenance effort.
- This is a somewhat arbitrary determination and not too much time is spent on research.
- In that case most major networks could not be used because most fail in one regard or another. Therefore no such attempt is being made.