OpenPGP Verification of Whonix Images in macOS
Instructions for OpenPGP Verification of Whonix Images in macOS
- Digital signatures: A tool enhancing download security. Commonly used across the internet.
- Learn more: Curious? Learn more about digital software signatures.
- Optional: Digital signatures are optional. If you've never used them before, there might be no need to start now.
- No worries: New to digital software signatures? It's okay, no need to worry.
- Not a requirement: Not mandatory for using Whonix, but an extra security measure for advanced users.
macOS using GPGTools
GnuPG is a common free software implementation of OpenPGP. Various versions and graphical front-ends are available for macOS. Follow these steps:
- Navigate to GPGTools to download the available suite -- detailed installation and user documentation is also available on the site.
- After installing GPGTools, follow the same instructions found on the Verify Virtual Machine Images on the Command Line page.
- To open the command line:
Navigate to the Applications folder→
Double-click on Terminal
When a GPG error is encountered, first try a web search for the relevant error. The security stackexchange website can also help to resolve GPG problems. Describe the problem thoroughly, but be sure it is GPG-related and not specific to Whonix.
More help resources are available on the Support page.
Whonix Verify the virtual machine images using macOS wiki page Copyright (C) Amnesia <amnesia at boum dot org>
Whonix Verify the virtual machine images using macOS wiki page Copyright (C) 2012 - 2023 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP <
@.)Please DO NOT use e-mail for one of the following reasons: Private Contact: Please avoid e-mail whenever possible. (Private Communications Policy) Leaks Submissions: No. (No Leaks Policy) Sponsored posts: No. Paid links: No. SEO reviews: No. >
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the wiki source code.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see the wiki source code for details.