ARM board running Tor + YaCy + ZeroNet
Armbian is a cross-compiling toolchain project that runs on x86 hardware and generates Debian images for ARM boards:
Can potentially serve as a Tor Bridge and also a seed node for other kinds of P2P services in the future.
- Bridges don't need the up-time/maintenance/bandwidth of a proper Tor relay.
- Transports like Snowflake eliminate the need for TCP forwarding configurations. Command line for embedded and headless applications is planned.
- A SSH/VNC server listens only on a link local address
that is accessible from their PC directly through an Ethernet connection only:
- Does not need an existing network connection to administrate the box.
- Does not expose the box to SSH attacks on conventional networks.
- Authenticated HSs can be optionally setup for advanced users who want a secure way to connect to the box remotely.
- https://sandstorm.io/ - a project for making server usability as easy as Android.
Projects of note:
Any points to be discussed go here. The rest of the page will be edited to add new info.