Despite usually being commended on the wiki page Install Additional Software Safely, installation of Chromium using APT is currently discouraged. This is because the Debian
buster version of Chromium is outdated and comes with security vulnerabilities which where reported being exploited in the wild. 
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/chromium-browser-for-kicksecure-discussions-not-whonix/10388/54 [archive]
- https://www.theregister.com/2020/11/04/google_chrome_critical_updates/ [archive]
- https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-patches-two-more-chrome-zero-days/ [archive]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20201109070427/https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2020-16009 [archive]
- https://email@example.com&q=subject:%22Is+chromium+updated%5C%3F%22&o=newest [archive]
- https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2020-16013 [archive]
- https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2020-16017 [archive]
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation. Policy of Whonix Website and Whonix Chat and Policy On Nonfreedom Software applies.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2021 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)
The personal opinions of moderators or contributors to the Whonix ™ project do not represent the project as a whole.