If Whonix had a DHCP server running on eth1 on Whonix-Gateway...
- setting up Multiple Whonix-Workstations would be simpler
- using Other Operating Systems would be simpler
- Higher attack surface due to DHCP?
- Does DHCP have some feature which a compromised Whonix-Workstation could abuse? Does DHCP have a feature such as "tell me the IP of your upstream router"?
- TODO: Read this stuff...
If Whonix has a DHCP client running on eth0 on Whonix-Workstation...
- Needs research: Some users with little knowledge only download Whonix-Workstation and set its network settings to DHCP. (example) Accepting any IP from DHCP would allow them to non-anonymously use Whonix-Workstation easily. We would have to add some protection not accepting an IP from VirtualBox NAT, if that is possible.
- Needs research: Configuration of Hidden Services could become more difficult, because these need a fixed internal IP?
Log in | OpenID | Contact | Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss | Investors | Donate
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help welcome, volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.