If Whonix had a DHCP server running on eth1 on Whonix-Gateway...
- setting up Multiple Whonix-Workstations would be simpler
- using Other Operating Systems would be simpler
- Higher attack surface due to DHCP?
- Does DHCP have some feature which a compromised Whonix-Workstation could abuse? Does DHCP have a feature such as "tell me the IP of your upstream router"?
If Whonix has a DHCP client running on eth0 on Whonix-Workstation...
- Needs research: Some users with little knowledge only download Whonix-Workstation and set its network settings to DHCP. (example) Accepting any IP from DHCP would allow them to non-anonymously use Whonix-Workstation easily. We would have to add some protection not accepting an IP from Virtual Box NAT, if that is possible.
- Needs research: Configuration of Hidden Services could become more difficult, because these need a fixed internal IP?
Log in | OpenID | Contact | Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss