If Whonix had a DHCP server running on eth1 on Whonix-Gateway...
- setting up Multiple Whonix-Workstations would be simpler
- using Other Operating Systems would be simpler
- Higher attack surface due to DHCP?
- Does DHCP have some feature which a compromised Whonix-Workstation could abuse? Does DHCP have a feature such as "tell me the IP of your upstream router"?
- TODO: Read this stuff...
If Whonix had a DHCP client running on eth0 on Whonix-Workstation...
- Needs research: Some users with little knowledge only download Whonix-Workstation and set its network settings to DHCP. (example) Accepting any IP from DHCP would allow them to non-anonymously use Whonix-Workstation easily. We would have to add some protection not accepting an IP from VirtualBox NAT, if that is possible.
- Needs research: Configuration of Hidden Services could become more difficult, because these need a fixed internal IP?
Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation. Whonix (g+) is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Libre Software license as Whonix itself.