Dev/Installation from Repository
An installation of Debian can be transformed into Whonix ™ or Kicksecure ™. Also known as proverbial "sudo apt-get install whonix". This is also called
The following meta packages:
can be installed on Debian as per instructions Whonix ™ Packages for Debian Hosts.
- a contributor
From Source Code
Above instructions use packages from Whonix ™ binary repository. Transforming Debian to Whonix ™ or Kicksecure ™ is also possible from a local APT repository, i.e. without touching Whonix ™ binary repository. If you want to install from source code, info and scripts for automation (package building, creating a local repository, installation) are available    but could use better documentation.
- Whonix ™ Packages for Debian Hosts
- Whonix ™ Debian Packages
- Building/upgrading Whonix ™ debian packages from source code
- Is this technically feasible? Yes. This is how Qubes-Whonix ™ is build. chroot scripts are negligible since Whonix ™ 13. old tickets:
- https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/blob/master/build-steps.d/1200_create-debian-packages [archive]
- https://github.com/Whonix/whonix-developer-meta-files/blob/master/debug-steps/locally-upgrade-whonix-debian-packages [archive]
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation. Policy of Whonix Website and Whonix Chat applies.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2020 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)