Apart from these hints, installing monero in Whonix does not differ from installing monero on any Linux based distribution.
Update your package lists.
sudo apt-get update
Install dependencies. 
sudo apt-get install libpcsclite1 qtbase5-dev qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev qml-module-qtquick-controls qml-module-qtquick-xmllistmodel qttools5-dev-tools qml-module-qtquick-dialogs
- Non-Qubes-Whonix 13: Linux 32 bit
- Non-Qubes-Whonix 14 and above: Linux 64 bit
- Qubes-Whonix: Linux 64 bit
Hash check. Get the hash of the file you downloaded.
SHA256 Hash (GUI) from the monero download page.
tar xvf linux64
After having installed monero, please consider making a donation to Whonix to keep it running for the years to come.
Donate Monero (XMR) to Whonix.
It is recommended to read the Money wiki page as it contains a lot related information on how to make anonymous payments.
qtbase5-devand the following packages are required if you want to use monero-gui.
- We avoid wget, since that does not enforce https.
- We avoid scurl, since there is no redirecting stable link. TODO: can probably be resolved by telling curl to follow redirects.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.