32-bit or 64-bit?
From Whonix ™ 14 onward, only 64-bit builds are available for download.
 This decision is based on several factors:
- Distributions are increasingly dropping support for 32-bit systems (including Debian). 
- Only a small minority of users are stuck with older hardware that will not support 64-bit builds. 
- It is a significant maintenance burden for Whonix ™ to maintain both 32-bit and 64-bit builds. 
Non-Qubes-Whonix 13 users (deprecated [archive]) who rely on 32-bit (i686) hardware are still able to use Whonix ™ 14, by using the upgrade instructions.   
- Users could attempt to build a 32-bit version of Whonix ™ from source code, by appending the Whonix ™ build script parameter
- Statistics: https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/8183 [archive]
- Forum Discussion: https://forums.whonix.org/t/state-of-offical-64-bit-builds [archive]
- https://phabricator.whonix.org/T91 [archive]
- For example in Tails [archive], less than 10% of users had 32-bit kernels in late 2016.
- That is, Whonix ™ would need to maintain 10 images instead of the current 6 images.
- This is because none of the Whonix ™ packages were made 64-bit only.
- https://phabricator.whonix.org/T688#13700 [archive]
- https://forums.whonix.org/t/state-of-offical-64-bit-builds/399 [archive]