Disposable VM usage is still considered experimental since there are various #Issues!
Open a dom0 terminal.
Qubes App Launcher (blue/grey "Q") -> System Tools -> Konsole
Create a DispVM savefile.
Enable showing your DispVM in Qubes VM Manager.
dom0 -> Qubes VM Manager -> (menu) View -> enable 'Show/Hide internal VMs'
dom0 -> Qubes VM Manager -> enable 'Show/Hide inactive VMs'
Configure Whonix-Gateway as your NetVM.
dom0 -> Qubes VM Manager -> right click on 'whonix-ws-dvm' -> VM Settings -> NetVM -> sys-whonix
|The NetVM of DispVM is inherited from calling VM's netvm setting or - if set - from the dispvm_netvm setting. So when run Open in DispVM from a VM behind sys-whonix, that DispVM will also have sys-whonix as NetVM. But when you run Open in DispVM from a VM behind sys-net, it will not be through Tor. If you want that, you can set the dispvm_netvm setting of all the VMs to sys-whonix to achieve what you want.  Here is an example how to set the dispvm_netvm setting of the VM work-mail to sys-whonix.
qvm-prefs -s work-mail dispvm_netvm sys-whonix
- Links clicked to open in DispVM will be opened in iceweasel rather than Tor Browser because of Qubes bug qvm-open-in-vm opens URLs in non-default browser.
- Open in DispVM does have sys-net rather than sys-whonix set as NetVM because of Qubes bug Whonix default VM settings fixes - salt management.
- have DispVMs inherit launcher shortcuts like other TemplateBasedVMs: would increase usability.
- not yet amnesic 
- Disposable ProxyVMs will not be possible before Qubes 4.0.  So we cannot have a sys-whonix DispVM before that.
- DispVMs: support for in-RAM execution only (for anti-forensics)
If you wanted to customize it, you could run as per DispVM-Customization.
qvm-run -a whonix-ws-dvm konsole
qvm-prefs -s whonix-ws-dvm netvm sys-whonix
Starting a DispVM
echo konsole | /usr/lib/qubes/qfile-daemon-dvm qubes.VMShell dom0 DEFAULT red
Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation. Whonix (g+) is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted above, content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Free (as in speech) license as Whonix itself.