Advanced Security Guide Introduction
Whonix ™ comes with many security features [archive]. Whonix ™ is Kicksecure ™ Security Hardened by default and also provides extensive Documentation including a Security Hardening Checklist. The more you know, the safer you can be.
This page is targeted at advanced users who wish to improve the security of their systems to become even more secure.
Before reading or applying instructions in the Advanced Security Guide, first review the information found in the Computer Security Education and Basic Security Guide sections.
It is recommended to learn more about the following topics:
- Anonymizing MAC Addresses: Readers interested in this topic can also read the development discussion and draw their own conclusions.
- Connections between Whonix-Gateway ™ and Whonix-Workstation ™
- Restrict TransPort: This is explained under Whonix-Workstation ™ is firewalled
- Stream Isolation
- Time Attacks
- Whonix ™ Design: Technically-minded readers can review the recommendations on how less-than-ideal specifications could be improved.
- Whonix ™ Documentation: Some application-specific documentation will have no relevance, but a thorough study of various entries will increase overall awareness and gradually improve anonymity and security practices.
Useful External Links
- Debian Security Information [archive]
- Debian / Ubuntu Linux Install Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment (AIDE) Software [archive] 
- Linux Administrator's Security Guide [archive]
- Linux Server and Network Security [archive]
- Securing Debian Manual [archive]
- What steps do you take to secure a Debian server? [archive]
- Ubuntu documentation - Antivirus [archive]
- Ubuntu wiki - Basic Security [archive] 
- Ubuntu wiki - Did I Just Get Owned? [archive]
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee [archive] of the Open Invention Network [archive]. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)