Advanced Security Guide Introduction
Before reading or applying instructions in the Advanced Security Guide, users should first review information found in the Computer Security Education and Basic Security Guide sections.
Users are also recommended to learn more about the following topics:
- Anonymizing MAC Addresses: Readers interested in this topic can also read the development discussion and draw their own conclusions.
- Connections between Whonix-Gateway and Whonix-Workstation.
- Restrict TransPort: This is explained under Whonix-Workstation is firewalled.
- Stream Isolation.
- Time Attacks.
- Whonix Design: Technically-minded users can review the recommendations on how less-than-ideal specifications could be improved.
- Whonix Documentation: Some application-specific documentation will have no relevance, but a thorough study of various entries will increase the user's awareness and gradually improve anonymity and security practices.
Useful External Links
- Debian Security Information
- Debian / Ubuntu Linux Install Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment (AIDE) Software. 
- Linux Administrator's Security Guide
- Linux Server and Network Security
- Securing Debian Manual
- What steps do you take to secure a Debian server?
- Ubuntu documentation - Antivirus
- Ubuntu wiki - Basic Security 
- Ubuntu wiki - Did I Just Get Owned?
Whonix Advanced Security Guide Introduction wiki page Copyright (C) Amnesia <amnesia at boum dot org>
Whonix Advanced Security Guide Introduction wiki page Copyright (C) 2012 - 2018 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the wiki source code.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; see the wiki source code for details.
No user support in comments. See Support.
Comments will be deleted after some time. Specifically after comments have been addressed in form of wiki enhancements. See Wiki Comments Policy.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix is a trademark. Whonix is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix itself. (Why?)