This page is about the censorship circumvention tools other than Tor Bridges. If you are not experiencing a real censorship (for example, only some ports are blocked by your ISP), then something simpler can be tried.
|Tool||client language||works on Linux||works on Wine||OS||Interface||Transport||uses Service||Tor works||runs through proxy||notes|
|GoAgent 1||?||yes||N/A||?||proxy/if?||?||google app engine account||?||?||site and sources deleted (Similar to meek.)|
|Shadowsocks||?||yes||N/A||yes||proxy||?+encrypt||server for proxy||?||no||sources deleted, runs on routers|
|scotty transporter||java||yes||N/A||?||proxy||?||php webhosting, server with java, google appengine account||?||?||-|
|IP over mail tunnel||C or C++||?||?||yes||?||email/protocol?||maybe an email account?||?||no?||-|
|Lahana||uses an ipsec vpn client||yes||N/A||?||if||ipsec vpn||amazon aws account||?||?||-|
|Telex||?||?||?||?||?||tls||cooperating isp||yes||?||only a concept|
|Iodine||C or C++||yes||N/A||yes||if||dns||domain and dns server||?||no||very small, runs on routers|
|your freedom||java||yes||N/A||?||socks,if||?, dns||free account||?||https(s), socks 4/5||has various settings|
|freegate||?||?||?||?||?||http(s),tls||?||?||?||officially only available for china & Iran, questionable trustworthyness|
- dynaweb webproxy, questionable trustworthyness (https://freedomhouse.org/sites/default/files/inline_images/Censorship.pdf), own censorship rules
- [proxy.org] - Webproxy directory
- Google Translate
- IP over mail tunnel
Static Web Mirrors
Single Site solutions
- Freedom Network
- Onion Routing
- Zach Brown's Onion
- Hornet (Modified Tor)
- Collage collage
- freedom systems
- streisand - Script to automate deployment of some of these tools.
Tor's Pluggable Transports
- Flash Proxy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_proxy
- Meek https://gitlab.torproject.org/legacy/trac/-/wikis/doc/meek
- more and more
Research and Proof of Concept
- jondonym Japan On https://gnunet.org/sites/default/files/koepsell-wpes2004_0.pdf
- Cirripede paper
- Decoy Routing
- Morphmix java
- Type? (VPN, proxy, ssh?)
- Usable with Open Source Software, without any proprietary client? (OpenVPN etc.)
- Is there a Linux version?
- Does it work in WINE?
- Can Whonix ™ (Tor) get tunneled through it? (Whonix ™ (Tor) can get tunneled thought a VPN running on the host and also supports all kinds of proxy settings (http(s), socks4(a)/5).)
- Instructions for using it with Whonix ™?