Censorship Circumvention Tools
This page is about the censorship circumvention tools other than Tor Bridges. If you are not experiencing a real censorship (for example, only some ports are blocked by your ISP), then something simpler can be tried.
|Tool||client language||works on Linux||works on Wine||OS||Interface||Transport||uses Service||Tor works||runs through proxy||notes|
|GoAgent 1||?||yes||N/A||?||proxy/if?||?||google app engine account||?||?||site and sources deleted (Similar to meek.)|
|Shadowsocks||?||yes||N/A||yes||proxy||?+encrypt||server for proxy||?||no||sources deleted, runs on routers|
|scotty transporter||java||yes||N/A||?||proxy||?||php webhosting, server with java, google appengine account||?||?||-|
|IP over mail tunnel||C or C++||?||?||yes||?||email/protocol?||maybe an email account?||?||no?||-|
|Lahana||uses an ipsec vpn client||yes||N/A||?||if||ipsec vpn||amazon aws account||?||?||-|
|Telex||?||?||?||?||?||tls||cooperating isp||yes||?||only a concept|
|Iodine||C or C++||yes||N/A||yes||if||dns||domain and dns server||?||no||very small, runs on routers|
|your freedom||java||yes||N/A||?||socks,if||?, dns||free account||?||https(s), socks 4/5||has various settings|
|freegate||?||?||?||?||?||http(s),tls||?||?||?||officially only available for china & Iran, questionable trustworthyness|
- dynaweb webproxy, questionable trustworthyness (https://freedomhouse.org/sites/default/files/inline_images/Censorship.pdf), own censorship rules
- [proxy.org] - Webproxy directory
- Google Translate
Static Web Mirrors
Single Site solutions
- Freedom Network
- Onion Routing
- Zach Brown's Onion
- Hornet (Modified Tor)
- Collage collage
- freedom systems
- streisand - Script to automate deployment of some of these tools.
Tor's Pluggable Transports
- Flash Proxy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_proxy
- Meek https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek
- more and more
Research and Proof of Concept
- jondonym Japan On https://gnunet.org/sites/default/files/koepsell-wpes2004_0.pdf
- Cirripede paper
- Decoy Routing
- Morphmix java
- Type? (VPN, proxy, ssh?)
- Usable with Open Source Software, without any proprietary client? (OpenVPN etc.)
- Is there a Linux version?
- Does it work in WINE?
- Can Whonix (Tor) get tunneled through it? (Whonix (Tor) can get tunneled thought a VPN running on the host and also supports all kinds of proxy settings (http(s), socks4(a)/5).)
- Instructions for using it with Whonix?
No user support in comments. See Support.
Comments will be deleted after some time. Specifically after comments have been addressed in form of wiki enhancements. See Wiki Comments Policy.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.
Whonix is provided by ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. See Imprint.