- Some ideas
- higher -> higher priority
- Very unfixed priorities.
Try with stable repository vs stable-proposed-updates repository vs testers repository vs developers repository. As per Project-APT-Repository.
- Start Tor Browser
- visit some websites
- visit onion websites
- close Tor Browser
- Did it properly terminate with exit code 0 or some other? Did the process terminate or is it lingering?
- update Tor Browser (if available)
- change password
- run "sudo apt update" and "sudo apt apt dist-upgrades"
- everything still OK?
- run "sudo apt autoremove"
- test again, everything still OK?
- install newer kernel from backports as per instructions
- screen resolution, VirtualBox Screen Resolution Bug
whonixcheck --verbose --leak-tests --gui --cli
- check if there is a whonixcheck CLI output, if there is a GUI window popup, if that is dismissable using OK or close button
- other activities users are doing such as
- start thunar
- browse some files
- open a file in a text editor
- type something
- save file
- re-open file
- edit file with root rights
- other common activities which come to your mind?
- is the screen properly maximized?
- copy/paste text from host to vm and back
- shared folder tests
- USB auto mount test
- boot into recovery mode
- normal boot and switch to virtual console
- switch back to graphical console
- set up serial console
- `sudo apt install debug-misc`
- lower VM RAM to 256 MB
sudo /usr/share/hardened-kernel/build, install new kernel, reboot
- enough for now or should I come up with more?
Some tests are virtualizer specific. A lot tests will function in Qubes-Whonix hopefully (such as Tor Browser tests) but shared folder tests are different for VBox / KVM. Virtualization can be detected using
- https://github.com/Whonix/hardened-kernel [archive]
- https://github.com/Whonix/hardened-kernel/blob/master/usr/share/hardened-kernel/build [archive]
After initial release. Written long after project started.
- exo-open --launch WebBrowser
- xdg-mime query default text/html
- xdg-settings get default-web-browser
- XFCE taskbar (1 click accessible) quickstart browser /etc/skel/.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-7/15404746583.desktop