Follow Whonix Developments
It is absolutely crucial to subscribe to and read the latest Whonix news category 'important-news' to stay in touch with ongoing developments. This way users benefit from notifications concerning important security advisories, potential upgrade issues and improved releases which address identified issues, like those affecting the updater or other core elements.
For user convenience, there are multiple avenues for receiving news. Choose the most suitable option below.
- Whonix Important News Forum Tag (v3 onion) - Only critical information is reported. This includes security advisories specific to Whonix and new stable Whonix versions. It is best suited for people with very limited time and interest in Whonix development and news.
- Whonix News Forums (v3 onion) - This includes everything including important news and has a relaxed posting policy. Testers-only and developers Whonix versions are announced here, along with the publishing of news about updated articles, new features, future features, development, calls for testing, general project ideas and so on.
Whonix Telegram News Channel: Whonix website
whonix.orgserver status updates as well as same as above.
- Other choices. 
If time-constrained, users should at least read the Whonix Important News Forum Tag. Follow the Whonix News Forums if detailed anonymity / privacy / security-related issues are of interest, or to follow recent Whonix developments.
In the future a theoretical situation might arise that requires users to be notified about a critical security vulnerability, for example: "A severe vulnerability in APT is being actively exploited by Tor exit relays against random users. Stop using APT until there is a solution." Therefore, a reliable mechanism is needed to quickly notify as many users as possible.
Debian Security Announcements
Since Whonix is based on Debian, users should consider subscribing to the Debian security announcement mailing list to stay informed about the latest security advisories. See also chapter Debian Security Announcements.
Operating System Updates
It is crucial to regularly check for operating system updates on the host operating system, and both the Whonix-Workstation™ and Whonix-Gateway™.
Social Media Profiles
As some users will disregard this advice, messages from the Whonix Feature Blog are most times posted on Whonix Telegram News Channel, Whonix Twitter Profile and the Whonix Facebook Profile. However, they are most times not mirrored to other Whonix social media profiles.
If it is safe to inform others about Whonix, feel free to Contribute via an anonymous account that follows or likes these profiles.
If Whonix source code updates are of interest, subscribe to code changes.
Tor Browser's built-in update check mechanism also works in Whonix, so use it whenever updates become available. 
Whonix Repository Testers
Whonix requires a critical mass of users to properly test planned updates by enabling the stable-proposed-updates or testers repository.  Otherwise, bugs might go undiscovered and be inadvertently introduced into the stable repository.
To ensure a stable Whonix system is available at all times, willing testers should:
- Create new Whonix-Workstation™ and Whonix-Gateway™ Templates solely for testing.
- Enable the
testersrepository via the Derivative Repository Tool.
- Platform-specific advice:
Then perform normal user activities.
Please only report bugs after first searching relevant Whonix forums and developer portals for the problem. (Please use Search Engines and see Documentation First)
- Whonix Important News Forum Tag RSS (v3 onion) .
- Whonix News Forums RSS (v3 onion) .
- Subscribe to the Whonix News Forums by e-mail. After registering at the Whonix Forums, specific categories of interest such as the Whonix News Forums can be selected.
Whonix News Forums posts are mirrored to the Whonix Development Mailing List(shifted)
- Whonix Social Media Profiles
- The only exception is Tor Browser running in a Disposable in Qubes-Whonix™, since the update will not persist.
- The developers repository is only recommended for experts or those in touch with Whonix developers.