Tunnels/Connecting to SSH before Tor
Connecting to SSH before Tor
|Before combining Tor with other tunnels, be sure to read and understand the risks!|
|Documentation for this is incomplete. Contributions are happily considered!|
The SSH tunnel be configured on the host or inside Whonix-Gateway.
Install SSH Client
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ssh
- TODO: Public key authentication steps
apt-get install lynx
Configure Local Server
ssh -D 1080 your.ssh.server
- TODO: Run in background on each start up before Tor.
- TODO: Public Key authentication steps
- If SSH tunnel was setup from Whonix-Gateway:
- If SSH tunnel was setup from host operating system, change IP:PORT as needed:
- TODO: if running inside Whonix-Gateway, probably new firewall rules are required.
Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.