Tunnels/Connecting to SSH before Tor
Connecting to SSH before Tor
|Before combining Tor with other tunnels, make sure you read and understand the introduction!|
|Documentation for this is incomplete. Contributions are happily considered!|
User -> SSH -> Tor -> Internet
The SSH tunnel be configured on the host or inside Whonix-Gateway.
Install SSH Client
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ssh
- TODO: Public key authentication steps
apt-get install lynx
Configure Local Server
ssh -D 1080 your.ssh.server
- TODO: Run in background on each start up before Tor.
- TODO: Public Key authentication steps
- If SSH tunnel was setup from Whonix-Gateway:
- If SSH tunnel was setup from host operating system, change IP:PORT as needed:
- TODO: if running inside Whonix-Gateway, probably new firewall rules are required.
Impressum | Datenschutz | Haftungsausschluss
Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation. Whonix (g+) is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted above, content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Free (as in speech) license as Whonix itself.