Windows Quick Start
Whonix for Windows is designed to be a simple introduction for newcomers. It enables people to experiment with Whonix in a familiar environment without the necessity of complex imports or host operating system changes.
As you learn more about how to use Whonix, do not forget that Windows cannot provide a secure foundation for Whonix operations.
Download, Verify and Install Whonix
Step 1: Download the Installer
Step 2: Verify the Installer
Verify the installer on the command line.
Step 3: Install Whonix
Execute the verified Whonix-Installer.exe and follow its instructions. 
|Due to the size of Whonix and the accompanying files, this process may take up to half an hour.|
Step 4: Start Whonix
Whonix and all its features may now be enjoyed, either via Whonix.exe or Whonix for Windows, which you should find on the desktop or in VirtualBox.
Step 5: Post-installation Tips
- Change passwords for "user" and "root" in Whonix-Gateway and Whonix-Workstation.
- Regularly check for security updates and apply them.
- See Software for a list of pre-installed applications. If necessary, refer to Install Additional Software.
- Always use the Whonix user interface to shut-down Whonix before shutting down the host system.
- Read the About, Warning and Do Not pages to ensure Whonix is the right tool for you and its limitations are well understood.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! See Conditions for Contributions to Whonix, then Edit! IP addresses are scrubbed, but editing over Tor is recommended. Edits are held for moderation.