Documentation for the NEXT Whonix ™ version! ONLY for developers! No guarantee it really makes into the next Whonix ™ version.
4. Adjust I2P Settings:
- I2P Tunnels Settings
Set the Inbound and Outbound Tunnel Length to 0:
sudo sed -i "s/\(.*outbound.length=\).*/\10/g;s/\(.*inbound.length=\).*/\10/g" "/var/lib/i2p/i2p-config/i2ptunnel.config"
- I2P Router Configuration
sudo su -c "cat > "/var/lib/i2p/i2p-config/router.config" << EOF i2np.laptopMode=true i2np.ntcp.enable=true i2np.ntcp.autoip=false i2np.ntcp.ipv6=false i2np.ntcp.maxConnections=20 i2np.udp.enable=false i2np.udp.addressSources=hidden i2np.udp.ipv6=false i2np.upnp.enable=false router.isHidden=true router.sharePercentage=0 router.updateDisabled=true time.disabled=true time.sntpServerList=127.0.0.1 EOF"
whonixcheck SSL Certificate Pinning
UNFINISHED! See: https://github.com/Whonix/Whonix/issues/24
Advanced users only!
In Whonix-Gateway ™ and Whonix-Workstation ™.
To enable this on a by case base, use the --pin-tpo-cert command line option. Example.
Or to permanently enable this.
Create a file /etc/whonix.d/50_user.conf.
sudo nano /etc/whonix.d/50_user.conf
- It is faster and less connection interrupts. Anonymity is already provided by Tor. No need to leech from Tor/I2P.
- change router identity and UDP port when IP changes \n
- Enable NTCP https://geti2p.net/en/docs/transport/ntcp
- Disable automatic IP fetching # We dont want/need to publish the Exit-Node IP
- Disable Ipv6 for the NTCP #Unsupported by Tor so we dont need it
- Number of concurrent NTCP connections # Reduced Connections so we dont overload the Tor node with connection attempts
- Disable Udp #Unsupported by Tor
- Sets the source of IP detection
- We dont want/need to publish the Exit-Node IP
- Disable Ipv6 for Udp
- toggles UPNP off # No need for Upnp
- Don't save your IP in the netDB and publish to other I2P routers( https://trac.i2p2.de/ticket/1314#comment:3)
- Sets the bandwidth that is max used by particiapting tunnels # We dont participate in Traffic so no need to share
- Disable In-network Updates # We use apt for that
- Disable time comparisation in I2P router
- Set ntp timesource to localhost
- http://www.ugha.i2p.xyz/AdvancedConfigurationOptions , http://echelon.i2p.re/docs/advanced.options.txt and https://trac.i2p2.de/ticket/1677
- UDP is unsupported by Tor. Only outgoing TCP supported by Tor. If you know to use an onion service, please add this information. Incoming connections are not possible, because Whonix-Workstation ™ is firewalled.
- Clock Skew Issues: There should be none anymore since Whonix ™ 9 so configuring time.sntpServerList=localhost is no longer necessary. Please report if they occur. (Old clock skew documentation moved to Deprecated#I2P.)
- Because torbrowser-launcher ships The Tor Projects SSL certificate
No user support in comments. See Support.
Comments will be deleted after some time. Specifically after comments have been addressed in form of wiki enhancements. See Wiki Comments Policy.
This is a wiki. Want to improve this page? Help is welcome and volunteer contributions are happily considered! Read, understand and agree to Conditions for Contributions to Whonix ™, then Edit! Edits are held for moderation.
Copyright (C) 2012 - 2019 ENCRYPTED SUPPORT LP. Whonix ™ is a trademark. Whonix ™ is a licensee of the Open Invention Network. Unless otherwise noted, the content of this page is copyrighted and licensed under the same Freedom Software license as Whonix ™ itself. (Why?)